Sign in to follow this  
Keng

Black Magic Balloon Rides (North Alabama and Central Tennessee)

Pilot Ken Garner has been flying Hot Air Balloons since 1986. I started flying small airplanes in 1983 and has more than 750 hours in SE fixed wing. I started flying Hot Air Balloons in 1986 as a volunteer pilot for the City of Decatur's Hot Air Balloon. I have flown the Decatur Balloon in many of the Ballooning Events around the South East in the past and still today help with the Decatur Balloon on an "As Needed" basics.

From 1987 until 1998, I co-owned and flew the WDRM Hot Air Balloon around Decatur and the North Alabama area. Each time I would take the WDRM Balloon up the Radio Station would get phone calls asking about the Balloon and how much fly it must be to fly in it. I flew one Sunday morning and stayed over I 65 Interstate for almost 2 hours, The Station Owner call the next day and said he had gotten phone calls from over 300 miles away saying they had seen the WDRM Hot Air Balloon.

I've been involved with The Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic since 1986, and have served as President for 2 years and BalloonMeister more time than I can remember. I've flown in the Jubilee since 1986, along with many events around the South East. I'm know and respected by my fellow balloonist around the area.

In 2003, at the Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic in Decatur Alabama, I had the honor of giving "The Fastest Man on Earth" General Charles "Chuck" Yeager his slowest flight ever. On Saturday afternoon during the Alabama Jubilee I flew General Yeager in my balloon for 45 minutes, we had a top speed of 6 miles-per-hour, and a distance of 4 miles. Over the past 20 years, I flown many people and seen the excitement in their faces. From children to the couple that was celebrating their 50 anniversary, they have all enjoyed flying in a Hot Air Balloon.

256-350-2257
256-566-2257

KnWGarner@aol.com  (Please put Balloon Flights in the Subject line)

Sign in to follow this