Special Needs Flights

hotairballoonist

Hot Air Ballooning is a vigorous and potentially rough outdoor sport.  It is hard work, exciting, and magical all at the same time.

However there are hugely different standards among pilots as to whom they will and will not take. 

THIS IS 100% THEIR CHOICE.  After all if someone gets hurt who will they blame?  Many people do not understand that we are at the complete mercy of mother nature and NO ONE can forecast with 100% accuracy what the weather will do.  Trust me in my 40+ years and nearly 7,000 flights I have been in many rough and tough landings.

Here is a video that shows us flying a woman with MS.  Remember the conditions this day were nearly perfect.

justletters.png

A Balloon Site built by Balloonists for

Balloonist's Become a Member Today

Jeff A Thompson.  Admin@HotAirBalloonist.com 407-421-9322

?
44 year LTA pilot, BFA member since 1977, BFA Level DA-8, Ed Yost Master Pilot. 6500 flights, 5650 Flight Hours

• 1 month later...

Great job Jeff.  We too fly those with Mobility restrictions. Our system is fitted with DOT wheel chair bracketing, safety belts.  We started a 501c3 nonprofit for collection of funding for granting flights. here is a link to a short video.  Thanks for your great website and service.  Kevin