Just a quick note (March 2020) First Post Stroke Newsletter.

hotairballoonist

Thank you is simply not enough,

For those who did not know,  I suffered a stroke.

I am home now. I wanted to send a note to say Thank you, and to give you a short update on my recovery and progress.  I am told the recovery from a stroke like mine could take months.  I am still a little light headed and get some headaches now and then.  I also suffer from dizziness and it is difficult to concentrate on things that have several steps involved.  BUT, there is good news.  My Neuro surgeon says these symptoms are all normal.  My last CT scan shows a normal healthy brain!  No permanent damage!  I have also suffered no physical impairments at all from my stroke.  So a full recovery is most likely.  I was very lucky that my wife changed her plans that morning and stopped back at the house and found me.  I am also extremely fortunate that my wife and mother got me medical attention right away.  Otherwise the outcome most likely would have been very different.  Now that I am home I am under the watchful eye of my wonderful (Amazing) wife Gina.  She is keeping me in check.  Each day I make progress.  Working some on the computer and taking walks outside.  Progress is slow and does not happen fast enough for me, but I am told it is happening.  I never had much use for Facebook till now.  Now Facebook seems like the best way to stay in touch.  We are all held up in our home, very much like many of you.  I certainly can use the time to heal.  (AGAIN) Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  Please be safe.

Jeff & Gina (Wonder Woman)

ON another note.  Many of you have been to Indianola Iowa.  I do not care when you were there because the man I am going to tell you about has been there working behind the scenes for 50 years!  That is correct!  Arlan Brown has been a volunteer at the Indianola National Balloon Championships as well as the National Balloon Classic!  He will be turning 85 years old in a couple of days.  Please take time to send him a card or just send a happy birthday email to this email lab79@wgu.edu

They will make sure he gets it on his birthday.  He has voulenteered his time for 50 years and god knows how many thousands of hours.  Please take a moment and THANK HIM for his amazing dedication to an event that hundreds of pilots and thousands of ground crew love.

All for now. 

Jeff A Thompson (Still alive and kickin)

justletters.png

A Balloon Site built by Balloonists for

Balloonist's Become a Member Today

Jeff A Thompson.  Admin@HotAirBalloonist.com 407-421-9322

?
44 year LTA pilot, BFA member since 1977, BFA Level DA-8, Ed Yost Master Pilot. 6500 flights, 5650 Flight Hours