Please Stay Safe (July 2017)

hotairballoonist

An Update

As many of you know I suffered a stroke back in late February.  I spent most of March in the hospital; however, I am home now and doing better than expected.  The recovery has good days and bad days but all in all I am a very lucky man.  The current situation with the pandemic is difficult for all of us and the Thompson Family is also hunkered down like many of you.  We send out best wishes and prayers to those of you out there whom are still working daily to take care of the rest of us!  Thank you!

Welcome

Welcome to our new members on the site.  Welcome goes out to Greg Miller, Austin Aeronauts and Phil Glebe.  We encourage all balloonists to become at least a Registered Guest on the site.  We encourage everyone to become a paid member on the site since paid members have even more features of the site available to them.   The areas available, on the member’s side of the site are more than worth the modest membership fees.  Members also benefit from being able to download ANYTHING in the Download Center for FREE!  This feature alone can pay for your yearly membership.

THE MEMBER MAP

As many of you know I am working on the Member Map on HotAirBalloonist.com.  The Member Map is available to anyone who visits the HotAirBalloonist.com site.  The Member Map makes it easy to find balloon related services anywhere.  Just zoom in on the map, to any area and you will find pins marking balloon related services.  You can even remove pins you are not looking for by unchecking the box for the group categories you are not looking for.  Another fantastic feature of the Member Map is that any event listed on the HAB calendars automatically gets a pin stuck in the map.  For example if you have a Jr. Balloonists camp or have a safety seminar, post the event on the appropriate calendar and the calendar will place a pin in the map for you.  These pins have a calendar Icon on them and they are green in color.  You can see them currently on the member map in different locations all over the map.  You can also customize your pin in the map.  Here are a couple of screen shots of different pins with Logos or Photos added to the popup. 

YourMemberMapPin.jpg

YourMemberMapPin2.jpg

FOR SALE

Don’t forget we have a section on the site were you can post stuff for sale.  There are forums for just about anything you have to sell.  After I have finished with the Member Map I will be clearing out the old items that are no longer valid and looking to post new stuff for sale.  If you are a member on the site you can post anything you have for sale.  Best of all you can add contact information and photo’s and more.  You can also go back and edit or change anything you have posted.  We do ask please that you take them down when you have sold the items.

New Stuff

Stay tuned for new features being added to HotAirBalloonist.com and tell your friends to get involved.  Help us by posting a link to HotAirBalloonist.com on your site or balloon club or anywhere balloonists go.  Come join us in the chat room if you are on the web and looking around.

All for now. 

We wish to say Thanks to all those whom have sent best wishes to us either by mail or on Facebook or by email.  Your thoughts and prayers mean the world to me and my family.  I will continue to post updates on Facebook as time permits. 

Thank you all for what you do for the balloon world.

Jeff A Thompson.

justletters.png

A Balloon Site built by Balloonists for

Balloonist's Become a Member Today

Jeff A Thompson.  Admin@HotAirBalloonist.com 407-421-9322

?
44 year LTA pilot, BFA member since 1977, BFA Level DA-8, Ed Yost Master Pilot. 6500 flights, 5650 Flight Hours