Can you believe its November already? (2016)

hotairballoonist

The Registered Guest Membership. 

(Sorry about the length but please read all of this)

Back in the June HAB newsletter we mentioned that we would be ending or altering the Registered Guest membership.  We went on to say that we were receiving spam attacks and new “registered guests” that had nothing to do with the balloon world.  Our only recourse was to make the Registered Guest a TRIAL membership good for only 30 days.  We made it clear that if you had a Registered Guest membership that you would be receiving an invoice for a general membership when the Registered Guest membership expired.  That system is now fully implemented and we are happy to say that the spam memberships and hackers have ended. 

We did however get an email from someone who was upset with us because they had received an invoice.  This is what we said would be happening in the June newsletter.  The comment was made that there are others who do things for the balloon world without charging a fee, why don’t we follow that model? 
Now on the surface that is a great question.  Especially if you do not know what HotAirBalloonist.com actually does for the balloon world!  We do more for free than any other balloon site on the net. Here are a few of the items and benefits that are available and FREE on HotAirBalloonist.com 

·         You may become a Registered Guest on the site for FREE.

·         A Registered Guest can list equipment for sale in the 4Sale category for FREE.

·         The 4Sale category allows you to edit your advertisement. Change the text, add more photos, change your price, enter email links and even DELETE your equipment listing YOURSELF!  (No other website has that ability)  YES FREE.

·         A Registered Guest can ask question by making a “Reply” to anything listed in the 4Sale Category AT NO COST!

·         There are event calendars and Safety Seminar calendars with information, contacts and links to these events. FREE on the site.

·         There is a Chat Room open 24/7 where you can get together with other balloonists and talk.  FREE

·         There are ballooning articles for FREE and even more articles available for members.

·         There is a web scrubber that finds and posts any news worldwide about ballooning.  FREE.  Next time you hear about a balloon event or incident go to the “Current Events” page and scroll down to “Ballooning in the Headlines” and you will see it there!  O did we say FREE?

·         The Download center has dozens and dozens of files available for download.  There are many files that are FREE. Briefing cards, Propane guides, Fan Blade Pitch Guides, Release forms seminar presentations and MORE… All the files are FREE to members!

·         HotAirBalloonist.com has DONATED Identification Badges for each child at the BFA Balloon Camps for the last TWO Years!

·         HotAirBalloonist.com provided professional sighting compass’s to the kids camps at cost!

·         HotAirBalloonist.com DONATED over 1600 competition markers to balloon events!  (Value of about $6,000)

·         HotAirBalloonist.com gives a FREE Membership to each of the BFA Elected officials and the Board of Directors.  This membership allows them to use all areas of the site with Moderator Permissions.

·         HotAirBalloonist.com has an interactive map called the Member Map where you can find Balloon related services all over the United States.  There are over 800 pins in the map, YES FREE for anyone to use.

·         We have over 370 balloon ride operators listed so the public can find a real balloonist to get a ride from instead of a third party ticket seller.  FREE.

·         HotAirBalloonist.com hosts a complete category and download center for the BFA Hall of Fame.  100’s of files are stored and the entire committee can work in complete privacy.  HAB was awarded a BFA Directors Award for its work with the BFA HOF Committee.

·         HotAirBalloonist.com created a complete power point presentation on how to use the HotAir App from Shawn Gano.  It was offered to the first 50 downloaders FREE

·          HotAirBalloonist.com has invested several thousand dollars in bulk purchases so we can provide balloon supplies at a fantastic low price to balloonists like our professional sighing compass for only $22.50 or Shoot a lite sparkers for $10!

Do you need more? I honestly could go on and on, this is just a small list of things.  SO YES we do offer MORE FREE benefits, services and the ability to interact than any other ballooning site we know of. 
At this point the Balloon world has benefited from HotAirBalloonist.com to the tune of over $15,000.  The balloon world has also benefited from the several thousands of hours invested in creating and managing such a site. Every day we work on adding even MORE.  

BUT there are costs.  We do charge a membership fee.  Paid members gain even more privilege’s and find huge areas of the site they did not know were even there!  We have tried to create value that goes beyond the cost of a membership. We have also kept the cost as low as possible.  Do you think that 83 cents a month is too much to ask for a Pilot Membership?  LESS than what most pay for a cup of coffee! 

Let’s talk about the Membership Fees.  A Ride Operators Membership is only $50 a YEAR. This membership has dozens of features but the most beneficial is you can create your own advertisement in the Balloon Rides category!  If you make just one booking you have paid your membership for a year!  Want to know something really silly?  If you are a BFA member you can get this membership for $12.50 a year.  YES you read that right a whole twelve dollars and fifty cents.  A standard pilot membership is $40 a year but a BFA member can get a Pilot Membership on the site for $10.  Why would you not do that? 
Remember as a member ALL the files in the Download Center are FREE.  That alone will pay for your membership!

Since we do not talk about all the great things that the HotAirBalloonist.com site does we thought you may want to get a little insight into this fantastic site.

If you are not a paid member PLEASE become one.

Click here to see what the site can do.  Click here for Descriptions of Memberships.

I am sorry for the length of this newsletter.  I just wanted people to know some of the stuff we are working on and some of the items that are FREE on the site.  I remember years ago when many would say “Why join the BFA, What do they do for me?”  But after the incident in Texas the BFA has kept the FAA out of your life!  We are supporters of the BFA and that is why we hold a Pilots Membership, Competition Membership and TWO, yes Two Corporate memberships with the BFA.  No one else does that either!  We want to promote the BFA and not compete with them. That is why we offer a 75% discount on HAB memberships for BFA members.

HotAirBalloonist.com is worthy of your support. 

If you need help getting one or setting up your Balloon Ride Operation advertisement just call us.  407-421-9322 I am a balloon pilot just like you.  I have over 5,500 LTA hours and fly rides, I am an Ed Yost Master Pilot, I am a DA-8 with the BFA pilot achievement program. I am more than willing to answer your questions and to give you any help you need. Please help me create a place where we can all share our knowledge and work together to promote all aspects of the balloon world.  There is a place here for you! 

As always, all the best to all my ballooning friends
Have fun and be safe.
Jeff.

Nov 16.docx

justletters.png

A Balloon Site built by Balloonists for

Balloonist's Become a Member Today

Jeff A Thompson.  Admin@HotAirBalloonist.com 407-421-9322

?
44 year LTA pilot, BFA member since 1977, BFA Level DA-8, Ed Yost Master Pilot. 6500 flights, 5650 Flight Hours