Time with Family, (Dec 2016)

hotairballoonist

I always enjoy this time of year.  I try to make sure to take the time and remember just how fortunate we are. I am also glad when we get to spend a little more time with our families.  I sincerely hope that all of you were able to spend some family time over the Thanksgiving holiday. I also hope that you will have another opportunity to spend even more time over the Christmas holiday and the holiday season as well.  May you be surrounded by those you love and those who love you!

Some of you have SNOW!  I remember back when I used to live in the Mid-West we used to have our eyes glued to the windows when the first snow falls came.  We always hoped it would be a big one and that we would wake up with everything covered in white.  If you get a few good photos of a heavy snowfall share them in the photo gallery for all to see.

Winter also brings another season for balloonists.  The “SSS” or Safety Seminar Season.  Please remember that HotAirBalloonist.com has a calendar dedicated to the Safety Seminars!  If you are putting on a seminar or know of one please let us know.  Send us a link or details about your seminar so we can post the information for others.  Seminar information can be sent to Events@HotAirBalloonist.com

Stocking Stuffers.  Yes it is that time of year! Cyber Sunday or Black Monday or Clash of the titans Friday.  I just don’t do that sort of stuff BUT!  HotAirBalloonist.com has a few things in the store that your favorite pilot or crew member could use or may just enjoy. 

Shoot-A-Lite sparkers are a great item!  Always welcome in any pilots flight bag.  We have them in stock and ready to ship.  Members can log in and use the coupon code “needfire” at checkout to get them at a fantastic price of just $10/ea. 

Pilots Sighting Compass. We also have our HAB compass on sale in the Pilots Flight bag category of the store.  These sighting compasses are Lightweight, accurate and extremely inexpensive, a must for every pilot or ground crew.  Think about getting two!

Checklists.  We have customizable (Pilot) and (Crew) checklists in the store at HotAirBalloonist.com.  Made from 80mil PVC (Same material credit cards are made from) they will last for years.  Waterproof and UV resistant you can put one in the basket and carry one in the chase vehicle.  These checklists are inexpensive enough you may purchase a couple for your pilot and for all your crew.  See the samples on the web and then create your own list!  Send your custom checklist to us and we will create your checklist!

HAB Gift Vouchers!  Not sure what your favorite Pilot or Crew wants?  Give a gift voucher from HotAirBalloonist.com!  HAB Gift Vouchers are available in the store in amounts from $5 to $150.  You can even select your own amount.  Purchase and send via Email instantly online to anyone.  A $10 gift voucher will give a ground crew a membership on HotAirBalloonist.com for an entire year!  Send a $50 gift voucher to your favorite pilot and let them use it in the store for item(s) of their choosing, or apply to a membership.  A “Super Easy” way to give a little something to anyone.   There is even a tutorial on how to redeem a gift voucher in the download center under the Tutorials and Presentations category.

Balloon Ride Gift Certificates.  This year we are doing something a little different for Christmas Gift Certificate sales.  We still offer the traditional Balloon Ride Certificate but…..We are offering a $50 voucher!  We suggest that someone may purchase the voucher and give it to someone you know wants to take a balloon ride.  This way an individual can help someone take a balloon ride without having to foot the entire bill!  To see how we have this set up please visit http://www.thompsonaire.com/GCert.htm  if you would like us to set up something like this for you, give us a call right away or email us at Jeff@HotAirBalloonist.com and we will explain how the system works.  We can have you set up and ready to sell your Ride Certificates and Gift Vouchers online in minutes.

Winter Flying!  Remember winter flying can be fantastic but you must remember it also takes some preparation and some extra awareness on the part of the pilot and crew.  We will talk more about that in our next newsletter.  In the meantime REMEMBER if you have a seminar planed we want to know about it!  PLEASE!  We want to make this information available to anyone and everyone.

We hope that you get to spend time with your family this holiday season.

All the best to your family from ours, may your holiday be rich with laughter and love.

Jeff A Thompson.

Lake Gifford Florida. (Right behind Animal Kingdom)

December 2016.docx

justletters.png

A Balloon Site built by Balloonists for

Balloonist's Become a Member Today

Jeff A Thompson.  Admin@HotAirBalloonist.com 407-421-9322

?
44 year LTA pilot, BFA member since 1977, BFA Level DA-8, Ed Yost Master Pilot. 6500 flights, 5650 Flight Hours