Quick Update (Jan 11th 2021)

hotairballoonist

I just wanted to send you a quick note about a few things going on.

Emails

We just acquired a new email server.  We can now send out 10,000 emails per month.  There is no limit on how many can be sent at one time so feel free to follow categories, Calendars, Files, and any other topic of interest.  When new information is posted you will receive an email!

Just like the Reflector and more!

We have an area for our members called the Hot Topics category.  Currently we have more than 250 pilots and crews who follow the sub-category called “HAB Walkie Talkie” this category is intended to be a communication hub for all members on the site.  This is a member’s only area of the site so you must be logged in just to view it.  When you post a topic in the HAB Walkie Talkie the HAB email system will send out hundreds of emails to all the followers of this category in seconds.  This system works very much like the Balloon Reflector.  The primary difference is that you can include photos, Hyperlinks and even files for download.  It is a fantastic way to share ideas, files and more.  Log in and go to the Walkie Talkie and click on FOLLOW at the top right side of the category then YOU TO will be instantly informed.

Follow a member!

We have talked a bunch over the years about the Follow Feature on HotAirBalloonist.com.  It truly is a fantastic feature on the site.  The Follow Feature allows YOU to choose what you are informed about.  You can follow Topics, Forums, Categories and Sub-Categories, Calendars, Files and more.  WELL, now you can follow a specific member!  That’s correct.  Are you interested with a specific member on the site and want to know when that person posts anything new?  FOLLOW them.  So the best feature on the site just got better!

Balloon Ride operators

Do you take passengers?  Are you on our list of operator’s?  Go look.  The Balloon Ride section of the HAB site is open to the public.  Go see if we have YOU listed.  If you are not listed please let us know so we can create a listing for you.  Better yet become a member and create your own listing complete with photos, emails, links and Contact information.  Listings are by state and Ride operators are also listed on the Member Map for easy searching in any part of the country.

Map Files

Do you want to make your own map files?  We have a Video Tutorial on how to make them!  We are also looking for flying area files from all over the country.  We are adding them to our download center for pilots to use when traveling.  Do you have a balloon event and need maps or have maps you want to upload so your pilots can download them with ease.  Let us know.  Our download center is a great way to make files available for your pilots to use. Info@HotAirBalloonist.com

My Recovery.

Just a short note for those who are interested.  My recovery is going well.  I am still going to doctor’s appointments nearly every week and there are a few issues that will be working on but for the most part I have made almost a FULL recovery from my stroke.  I still want to say thanks to all whom have wished me well and the support and prayers have made a JeffCleanFaceSM.jpgtremendous difference for me and my family.  Thank you is not enough.  I am looking forward to my 1 year anniversary.   It will mark a huge milestone for me since a very large percentage of people do not make that milestone.  PLEASE if you are reading this, stay healthy and take care of yourself.  My stroke came on with no warning.  It has been one of the toughest things I have gone thru and a horrible experience for my wife and mother and father as well as the rest of our family.

Be safe and stay healthy.

Jeff A Thompson

justletters.png

A Balloon Site built by Balloonists for

Balloonist's Become a Member Today

Jeff A Thompson.  Admin@HotAirBalloonist.com 407-421-9322

?
44 year LTA pilot, BFA member since 1977, BFA Level DA-8, Ed Yost Master Pilot. 6500 flights, 5650 Flight Hours